Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mak-chick Abaya!

People, you heard about Makcik Keropok right?
Apparently, there is a new sighting now.
Of this pretty lady in black carrying a big basket...*DO NOT FREAK OUT.*

When I saw this irresistable enchantress at my corridor walking towards my house, I was super excited can?
2 reasons.

Reason Number 1.
She was actually my secondary schoolmate back in Yusof Ishak Secondary School. I knew of her existence because she was kinda cool la. Step Gwen Stefani gituk. But we never spoke to each other. She too cool for me la I guess. :p We met again twice during my workshops too last week and few weeks back! So yesterday maciam excited that we will be chit chatting with each other. Like finally.

Reason Number 2.
A stay at home mother for 8 years, this lady is reviving the past trend of making business.
You know the door-to-door sales? I find this idea extremely fascinating.

By the way, would you like to know what is inside her huge basket?
Beautiful....Absolutely beautiful Abayas.

The moment she stepped into my house, she asked me if I owned a jubah/abaya?
I told her I have one and showed her mine.
The moment she saw my abaya, she asked,"You bought this in Indonesia?"
BINGO.
"Eh correct! I bought this at Tanjong Pinang." was my reply.

This Nurani has got an eye for abayas. One look and she knows whether the abaya you are wearing come from Indonesia....India...etc.
Alhamdullilah, now that I am a hijaber, rezeki bertambah....
So many people wanna turn me into a hijabella.
Heeee! I feel so loved! Masyallah!

Nurani, thank you for sharing with me your story.
What started out as a much needed holiday with her husband turned out to be one that has turned her into a businesswoman.
She went to Dubai last September and bought soooooo many abayas for HERSELF.

Her husband made a passing remark,"Boleh bukak kedai." (Can open shop already)
She paid no attention to that but when she returned to Singapore and showed the gorgeous and exclusive pieces to her families and friends, they just grabbed until she had no more pieces for herself.

I must show you this cool picture of Nurani and her sisters wearing Aswad Sisters' Abayas during Hari Raya Haji!

Fuhyooooo or what?!

Her kind and supportive husband then sent her again to Dubai.
This time, trip with a mission!
Relatives and friends who had missed out on her previous sale made sure that they 'pre-ordered' plus Nurani wanna make more women be stylishly abaya-ed! :)

So yesterday, Nurani laid out a basketful of abayas for me.
The wonderful thing about yesterday was that I shopped in the comfort and privacy of my own home. That plus, I could try on as many pieces as possible!
Definitely save us ladies the hassle of "Alamak...Tak muat ah! Cam mane eh?"
With Nurani and her Abaya basket in your house, easy peasy lemon squeezy...you just select and try on another piece lor! Tried I did many times. Piece after piece.
I shortlisted a few.

Like Western-style fashion, there are abayas for different occasions.
For casual wear, the abayas are usually plain or have simple designs. Can wear with jeans one. I love the flair sleeve!




Simple Abayas for evening wear or jemputans .....


She also has the more elaborate, with intricate designs.
I sukaaaaa sangatttt this gorgeous piece. Makes me look soooooo freaking tall!!!!





Just something about black. So elegant. Slimming effect...'Talling' effect... heheheh!
And the material of the Aswad Sisters' abayas is so cooling! Superb quality!


This Saturday from 7.30 p.m. onwards, Nurani will be hosting an 'Aswad Party'. It is a LADIES ONLY event at her home which is located at Blk 770 Yishun Avenue 3 Level 8 (depan lift je!)
Beautiful Abayas will be laid out for us ladies to try, buy, and take home that night. I'm gonna bring my mom! She'll be thrilled since she is an avid Abaya wearer.

For those of you who really wanna go but already made plans, fret not.
Nurani is like Makcik keropok remember? Heee.
Kidding.
She is MakCHICK Abaya, your personal Abaya shopper. :p
Other than Abayas, she also has Jalabiyas...
The contents in her basket are all very affordable...Ranging from $35 to $120!
I assure you that her pricing is not cut throat, in other words, expensive compared to other outlets that sell Abayas.

What you can do is YOU host an all girls' party or something and invite Nurani to your party She'll gladly bring her her basket filled with unique Abayas from Dubai, lay them out for you....You and your aunties/sisters/friends/ happily try them on before you buy!
What's great is that since your close ones are shopping with you, rest assured honest feedback will be given!
"Eh cantiknyeeerrr.." "Eh no la this one too big/small for you.." "Eh this one too simple...Get something more WOW la..."

Okay dokies.

My ladies, do click 'LIKE' on Aswad Sisters Page and support the newest entrepreneur in town!
You may also email Nurani at aswadsisters@hotmail.com

Let's blackout our wardrobe with Aswad Sisters' abayas! :)
If you are going this Saturday, I'll see you girls there ya.

PS: If you have time, do watch this video. Nice stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment